Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Go BALD? Why not....

Hello people, want to go BALD for a good reason? This is the chance, I know many people pictured bald heads is not something good. But it's never a bad thing, trust me it makes you feel like something different (and can save you some bucks on hair cream too hehehe). Last time, ever since after I've finished my high school, bald become my fashion up until I'm in the university, most of the time I shave my heads and I can prove that when I show you guys my I.C. hehehe.

Enough for my bald story, well here's the things, this year Sarawak Children’s Cancer Society (SCCS) organized The Go Bald campaign and it's aim is not only to collect funds, but also help raise awareness for childhood cancer. They aim to target RM1 million to help them run the center, as well as use the money to fund their new halfway home which is estimated to cost RM2.5mil. Currently, SCCS is using a century old semi-D house as their halfway home, and they are currently maxed out in terms of space, and hence the need for a new place with more space, and better facilities.

This campaign is one of many things that we can do to help those children and to contribute to a better facilities for them. It might seems to be a small things but the effects it'll bring will be enormous. Who else can help them if not us, who else can support this if not us and who else can give them a little something to make them smile if not us. For bolder steps, interested individuals can sign up with the Go Bald organizers to get their head bald in front of the public on 16 May 2010 at the Spring, Kuching. You are also very much welcomed to get a pledge card and collect donations for SCCS. So this is one thing that we can do. For more information click the campaign's logo in the side bar or go to www.sarawak-bloggers.org or www.shiok.org or go straight to www.gobald.my that will be launched soon or contact the Go Bald Project Coordinator, Allen Ang at 013-8115966 or e-mail him at admin@gobald.my. Other than that, SCCS can also be contacted at 012-8073131. And by the way this campaign runs through until 16 May 2010 and do contact them to find out how you can help.

And if you guys asked me will I go bald? Yes I would love to and really really want to join in (it will brings me back to my past memories as well :p ) but I cannot confirm whether I could make space for that event on that date (as I'm not in Kuching and I have an uncertain working schedule). But I will try to make my space to go  to the event on 16th of May. Is there any chance that I can go Bald and pass my picture as my support?

Anyway, lets support this people, whether you will go bald for this or not, just show your support alright...

(Information obtained from www.sarawak-bloggers.org)

5 comments:

cyrildason said...

Brooooo..

If you are keen to go bald, despite location, maybe you can work something with with Allen. Try emailing him at admin@gabald.my

-cyrildason.com

carolchs said...

i remember reading kenny sia's entry on going bald campaign last year. they even had a girl who went bald for the cause. coolness!

Rodz Nocturne said...

@cyrildason I'll contact him soon to see what i can do

@chegu it's for a good reason :)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi there.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Rodz Nocturne said...

@willie my pleasure thanks for visiting mine too

Related Posts with Thumbnails