Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Monday, March 29, 2010

TUNE your HOTEL stay....

Last February, I want to go down to Kuching and wonder which hotel I want to stay in. There are few new hotels opened in this city last years (and some more might be open this year or next year). I thought I wanted to try those new hotel so I browse in the net for the info. While I was gazing through the information on one of the 5 stars hotel, I wonder is there any Tune Hotel opened in Kuching?. So I Googled that hotel and found the official site. Walla, they have their hotel in Kuching (what an ancient me, people might already know about this hotel exist in Kuching since the day it's opened :p ). Before this I never had any interest in Tune Hotel because I thought it's just like Air Asia, when you book last minute, you get higher price. I read more about that hotel and found out that it is kind of interesting. Plus the tag line "5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price" adding more curiosity into myself to try this hotel. We all know that if a hotel is rated 5 stars we will get 5 stars services all the way but how is this Tune Hotel actually worth my stay.
So I make the online booking of a single room (as I'm travelling alone) for two night stay and to my surprise the price per night is just RM45.50! But like Air Asia's ticket price, that's not the final price. In the third step, I was brought to a page where I can choose what I need something they called Addon Purchases, things like  air conditioning, towels+essential toiletries kit and wireless internet access and of course I need the aircond, so I add on another RM42 (RM21 for each 24 hours), that's RM91 + 42= RM 133.
Then they show me how much I have to pay for the stay which includes service charge, service tax and admin fee. For that booking, my total price is RM167.91. I guess it's not bad if the sleeping experience will be like 5 stars

So the next day, I arrived in Kuching and I went straight to the hotel (because my bladder is full hehehe). That hotel is opposite the Kuching Hilton Hotel, just across the road (I was surprise by the way this block has transformed). Then I asked the security guard at the hotel's entrance do they have their own car park (because I drive). He said no they didn't have, but in the internet say got parking? I asked back, he still say, no there's no car park, not even in front here (along the road). I know that's the paid public car park because they're numbered. So I just park my car at one of the empty lot in front of the hotel and went in for check in. The lobby? not bad at all for a budget hotel, they even have their own mini convenience store there. My room is in the 1st floor and number 102, the view? the Hilton :p 

When I enter the room, I said, this is not bad for this kind of price, the bed look comfy and the toilet, the same of that you can get in the 3 star or even 4 or 5 stars hotel (in their lowest rate kind of room la :p ) Just one thing about the room, its quiet small but it's worth the price. During my 2 night stay, I found out that this hotel is worth my money as like most of my time traveling I only need hotel's room to sleep, bath and put my things, during the day I will not be in my room.

My Tune Hotel's bed and my messy stuffs

So today is the third time I stay here at Tune Hotel Kuching and I choose to stay in the double room with one queen size bed (the second time I stayed for 4 nights at less than RM400!). Apart from no car park available, it's not a problem for me as I can park in front of the hotel or inside the Hilton's car park (have to pay la of course). I like the room, especially the double room and the essential necessities they provide. For a person like me, I don't really need a sofa, bath tub and etc.. when I went on a trip like this, (as for the toiletries and towel I brought mine myself) unless I go for vacation that's a different story.  All that I have in Tune hotel's room for the price I've paid is worth every penny for a casual trip like this. Sometimes all we need is just a comfy bed and a hot shower (plus the air conditioning for me :p ). Even for backpackers this hotel can provide better comfort plus the convenient of it's surrounding. 

Adding to the Tune hotel's comfortableness is the strategic location where it's placed, the Kuching city center. Some major shopping centers are just few minutes walk from this hotel, the Kuching's waterfront is just a 5 minutes walk and many other tourist attractions and craft shops around the area are just within a distance. The night life? Some bars and lounges just along the strip from the Tune hotel, Bistros and eating spots can also be found easily. All can be reached on foot and  to go further than that spot is not big deal, go to the front desk, they will be able to help. Airport transfer also provided and tourist agents are contactable too.

So Tune Hotel is not bad at all, what more could be asked for with that kind of price. It is just another place for a low budget traveler like me who seek the best comforts and conveniences with the most affordable price (book online earlier to get better deals on the price, just like when you book Air Asia's tickets :p ).  I'm hoping that this hotel will be enhance in the near future and I think I would like my  Tune Hotel's room to have tv with Astro channels, I don't mind paying extra RM10 or 20 per night though :p . Next time you plan to go to Kuching, make sure you check the www.tunehotels.com first to add your choices of places to stay :) So see ya...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the kind blog post above. FYI, you do not need to purchase the 24 hour air-con if you are not in the room all the time. I suggest you purchase the 12 hour air-con block and should that not be enough, you can always get another 12 hour air-con block from the front desk for RM13.49.

We are working on installing TVs into all our hotels at the moment but this will take a while. To be updated on when this would be possible, stay tuned with us on www.twitter.com/tunehotels and join our Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Tune-Hotelscom/107468562624798?ref=ts

Thanks & regards,
Biresh Vrajlal
http://www.tunehotels.com/

Rodz Nocturne said...

Hi Biresh,

Thanks for dropping by. That's was during the 1st time stay, now I know how to "tune" my stay :p Anyway hope the tv will be available soon, it will be sure to be an added "5 star experience" :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails