Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Unconsiderate

I remember there's one time when I have to attend to the consultant and contractors whose doing the construction in my workplace. Those 2 days I felt played by those people. First i have to provide transport for them (at first they want to use their's). In my workplace we have to use long wooden boats coz there're no road access, if for those people that respect our limitation they will do something which is considerate. But this people they didn't even think about that. I have to provide them boats to go the construction site because the boat that promise to take them canceled. Then they decided to stay at the resort (approx 45 minutes from my workplace) and requested that we pick and take them back and forth from that resort to the site for that two days. Then they invite me and my staff to stay with them at the resort as they said there going to be a meeting later that night. This is when I felt really stupid to attend to their request. I thought by inviting us they will provide the room in their expenses but the next day when we checked out we have to pay by our own (why didn't they tell us at the first place). Luckily I brought enough cash if not, damn, I have to pay by credit card and hard to claim back. The night before that, after dinner everybody goes back to their room. I wonder when the hell will this meeting be done. I waited at the lobby for a while but still no sign of them to start the meeting. So I went back to my room. After checking out we went to the site for so called site inspection and another damn thing happen. They only talk between themselves on the inspection with the language that half of us present didn't understand. (what the hell kind of site inspection). That adds to my mad nerves and  I leave them do whatever they want, I just don't want to care anymore. I waited at the jetty site together with my coordinator and one of my boss and my staff. Then we went back to my station and most of us are hungry as it already way pass lunch time. My coordinator asked me do I have any instant me. I told him I'll asked my staff to cook for us. Then I saw one of the consultant guy opened a bottle of mineral water (which I supplied to them) and opened a pack of milo and put into the bottle, do a little shake and drink it. One of my staff frankly as him, "lapar ka?". I wanted to laugh but then it get me thinking, why the hell that they didn't packed any food for their own knowing that they will be back late in the afternoon. Considering my boss and my coordinator I asked my staff to cook some food and they did. Then I called them for late lunch and to my surprise all of them are hungry. In my workplace there are no place to eat or to buy food unless bring them your own.

So I was thinking, they gain profit millions every year but small things like that they can't consider and arrange it themselves. When they talk contracts and money they pretty much energize and trying their best to gain as much as they could. But to be a little courteous to little people like me and my staff, way damn far from their mind. What a stupid bunch of people. I just don't understand why they can't be more considerate not to me or my staff but to themselves.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails