Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

UNICEF Direct Debit Donor Programme

Last Sunday ( 21 March ) I went out to tHe spring and I came across a group of people from UNICEF doing their roadshow of their donor programme. I was attracted as it is not cash type of donation. All this while I always think of how can I contribute to something or doing donation in long term without giving big cash one time (because I didn't have a lot of money at one time). So I approached them and they explained every detail of that donation programme. I was attracted because it is mainly to help children all over the world and I said sign me up. So I did.

This donation pledge is not an one-off donation like the usual because UNICEF didn't take any cash for this. It was an easy thing to do, their people will ask for you ID card and help you filled the form and then they have two option of donating, 1. using credit cards and 2. using bank account. And there're two type of contribution 1. every month RM38 or RM58 and 2. Every 6 month RM228 or RM348. Note that this contribution will be charged to your credit card or autodebit  from your bank account and you will be contributing for as long as you're signed up with this programme. UNICEF will give you a car sticker and stick it on your car to show your support. They will also send you a tax-exempt receipt every year.

This is a very very good things to contribute for something meaningful and helping the childrens around the world. We all know there are so many children suffers from poverty, wars, HIV and so on, even in our country there are so many children need help and through UNICEF, we might be able to give hopes to these children. For that small amount, we have surely giving some help to these children such as in medical and education. It not a big amount but the contribution it provides is enormous.  Personally, I felt many people should sign up to something like this. It's might not our children who benefited from this contribution but it gave them a very big, excellent example of what we should do to help other. All those children are the future generation of our world anyway.

The roadshow was over but if any of you are interested to know more details or to sign up and contribute to this donor pledge can contact Mr. Chan Huang Hua at 0168899667
or you can contact UNICEF at

United Nations Children's Fund
Fundraising Department
Wisma UN, Block C, 2nd Floor
Kompleks Pejabat Damansara
Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights 
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2092 5812
Fax: 03-20930582
Email: jwong@unicef.org
www.unicef.org/malaysia

Rodznocturne in support of UNICEF donor pledge for contribution to children's fund encouraging all people to give this a thought and sign up if you feel this is what you should do to give hope to children all over the world. Together we help to give them better life and future.

Rodznocturne also supporting the Mission to Advocate for Children's Right and Child Protection

2 comments:

carolchs said...

thats a noble thing to do.
i'd make sure to check this site and see what contribution i can make.
thanks for the info.

Rodz Nocturne said...

You're most welcome. Thanks, for me I just want to contribute to something that can help others and this is one small thing that I feel might changes someone's life which particularly children.

Related Posts with Thumbnails