Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Perseverance... a big word in my life

per·se·ver·ance

pronounciation [pur-suh-veer-uh ns]

noun
1.
steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2.
Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation. 
Origin:
1300–50; ME perseveraunce < MF perseverance < L persevērantia.

per·se·ver·ant, adjective
non·per·se·ver·ance, noun
non·per·se·ver·ant, adjective

1. doggedness, steadfastness. Perseverance, persistence, tenacity, pertinacity imply resolute and unyielding holding on in following a course of action. Perseverance commonly suggests activity maintained in spite of difficulties or steadfast and long-continued application: Endurance and perseverance combined to win in the end. It is regularly used in a favorable sense. Persistence, which may be used in either a favorable or an unfavorable sense, implies unremitting (and sometimes annoying) perseverance: persistence in a belief; persistence in talking when others wish to study. Tenacity, with the original meaning of adhesiveness, as of glue, is a dogged and determined holding on. Whether used literally or figuratively it has favorable implications: a bulldog quality of tenacity; the tenacity of one's memory. Pertinacity, unlike its related word, is used chiefly in an unfavorable sense, that of overinsistent tenacity: the pertinacity of the social climber.
******************************************************************** 
That's about the words, PERSEVERANCE, yes it is a big words in my life. I guess along the way within my 26 years of life, I persevered a lot and I guess most humans do too. There's so much things that I don't really want or want to do in life but I have to do it or take it. Things were not as what I want and at some point of time I'm broken down by the things that force me to do or to take what I didn't want and that's when I fell like I'm losing control of my life.

Most of the time in my life, I have to make choices and mostly the choices that I have to choose is not what I really want but I have to take it because if I go the other way, I'll have to shift or change my life big time and I don't want that to happen. In the end I choose to swallow it regardless how bitter and painful it is.

Sometimes I have no choice at all, though I have the option of being rebellious and take things my own way which, too, will make me change my life big time. This happen commonly in my works where I have to make decision only between to things, to do it or not, well of course I'll do it no matter how difficult and painful it is because if not I'll put my career and life on the thin line of destruction. Unless I planned to find other job hehehe. Yes! my career have put me into a lot of pain ever since I started. In my 21 years of my life (before I work), I have almost complete control of my own life. Even during my university's times if I felt like I don't want to go to class then I just have to continue to sleep and let time pass me by hehehe (I think not only me hehehe lol). Also if I felt like I'm too lazy to finish my assignment on time I just have to think about the best excuse then go beg my lecturers for a little extension of time and they always granted it :) then I will start to look for my "helpful friends" who always "help" me to "find the easiest way to finish my assignment" hahaha lol. Or sometime I just let things be or sacrifice the most of 10 or 20 marks by not sending my assignment at all or send them late :) and then try so hard to score high for other things and final exams. That's university's life, working life, no way to do that, if it's have to be done, it must be done, if it's must be done by today, it must be done by today (I can't imagine I beg my boss for extension of time, I might become deaf hearing him scolding me or even the next day I will have to write "something special" ).

In the matter of life, also like in working life, perseverance do plays its big role and I don't want to tell stories about what have I persevered in life because too much and too many of them. It might get me angry again or even "re-hate"  some related "people". -To those people who have make my life miserable because they force me to take or do what they want me to, I got 3 words for you, go to hell, you think you can force any people to go your way, you're wrong, you call that's a training, yes it is, you've trained a monster and forever I put the hate unto you-

For whatever it is, that's not a bad words to be used in life (accept for the time when other people try be smart in pressuring you). Life will always put us in the middle of difficulties to decide which way, if we go this way, we have to face the tiger, if we go that way, we have to face the lion, we choose one way and fight our way through and in the end it will be a matter of surviving it or stumble to the ground because we give up the fight. I guess everyday we have to deal with that situation and even in every day's ordinary decision too.
But this words can be so powerful that sometimes can pushed people to go beyond their limits. For example, a small person with minimal height and body size and he want to be in the rugby team and he struggle to be in the regular line up, in the end he became one of the teams assets and one of the best catcher and runner, he contribute a lot of touchdowns (.. I give big salute to this kind of person...).

Well as the saying goes, if life give you a lemon you make lemonade, if life give you a grapes, you make wine and if someone give you a "damn bl**dy s**ts", you say "go to hell and f**k off" hahaha lol. Anyway the main saying is -PERSEVERE IN LIFE-

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails