Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Monday, August 9, 2010

It goes on and on and on.......

It's been quiet sometimes I didn't write something of a personal thought of myself, I mean about me and  what I've gone through or about me and my life (sounds lame hehehe). But don't get me wrong this is  not merely to tell everyone of what I've been doing, where I've been and what I've acquired. Just some random thoughts about things happening around. A lot of things that keep my life preoccupied for the past month that I didn't even have the time to update my blog frequently. I always wanted to do like one post each day but have not achieve it yet (I'm a lazy-bone and excellent procrastinator that's why :p ).

In the last month when I think back the most talked-about topic (by me with others) is majorly on politics. I'm not trying to do a campaign here but, well, as I said before just to express my random thoughts. It is no surprise that topic become the highly discussed within last month and even the next few month as the state election will be take place at anytime soon. Everyone have their own opinion on every issues during this period of time. One things that I would like to highlight is this video:


What do you think? If any of you have read some article from some blog sites before then this will be somewhat a surprise (I know it is for me). When I was reading the article regarding to the same issue in this video I thought there were a lot of protesters but seems like from this video it's only a small group. What was I really surprise about were the answer to the questions that they were asked about. Some questions came across my mind: Why on earth they want to do this "small" protest when they doesn't even been to or meet the Penans? Why they even bother to voice out their protest on behalf of the Penans (from far away, although Sarawak's CM was there) when us here in Sarawak didn't even think about doing the same? What was they actually want? Just to protest? Does what they do bring good effects to the Penans already? 

The questions goes on and on and a lot more! What I want to stressed out here is that don't do that kind of thing when you didn't really know what was actually happening and what you're doing. You will make fool of yourself. If you insist on doing it make sure you've done some homework or fieldwork first, have your information right and then go and protest. What they do is good in the sense that they want to help to represent the Penans but they failed to be smart in doing it and now with this video they look like a bunch of fools. And I don't like when they use tribe, here in Sarawak it is more polite to use ETHNIC or e.g. Penan People or just as simple as the Penans, tribe is like we are still in cavemen era, not appropriate anymore. Back to this video, if they really serious in voicing out the Penans rights they better do it seriously and meet the Penans first, this is just not the way.

I think that's enough for commenting that video, what's done is done. We all (like me) didn't know what actually they have in mind and why they doing it. I actually pity those people, seriously I really do, now they've become a joke that the whole world can watch. Again I say what they do is good but not properly done. Personally  I feel like they've been a bunch of victims of something which they don't really know what. Who knows maybe they were force to do it or paid to do it or this is just another political drama. In easy saying, only God knows. Till next time..... Oh by the way if I were there I will ask one extra question: Where did you get your Sarawak-Borneo Land of the headhunters T-shirts? :p


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails