Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

World Cup 2010.. My say..

Probably the most hot topics these few days or weeks is the 2010 World Cup. No doubt it is the biggest sport events in the world which people all over the world anticipate for 4 years. Everybody will put high hopes onto their favorite teams and clearly different from BPL or other leagues where in World Cup all the best players from each nations regardless what club and league they play will play for their nations. The beauty about it is when some top players who's rival in the club league will play together and also some who were team mates in their club will become rival and play against each other, so different kind of play can be expected.
But of all the excitement of anticipating the world which will be officially started in the few days, some major disappointments have happened. Star player like Ferdinand chosen as England's captain but severely injured and adding some pressure to the teams when they have to really "clean up" the mess that have made in the last few years of not performing well in World Cup. But don't get me wrong, England is not the team that I favor but I do want to see England strive to improve in this year's World Cup.

If you ask me what's my favorite team in this year's World Cup, well I don't really have a specific team to favor but this year I will really look up to Argentina. Why? Well I guess I shared a common opinion with most Argentina's fans on the fact that we want to see how the team will strive under Maradona's handling. We all know (well most of us) how's Maradona's life in football world jeopardized by his drug scandal but this year he will managed not a club but a nations on the fight to win the most prestige title of the best football nation in the whole world.

Most of us also know about Maradona's "hand of god" which is the biggest controversy in  1986 World Cup's quarter-finals against England which saw one of the two Maradona's most famous goals in football history. What is "hand of god" goal? Well, Maradona score a goal with an illegal but unpenalised handball, yes he score a goal with his hand :p Another Maradona's famous goal is when he dribble past six England players before scoring a goal in which in 2002 that goal has been voted as Goal of the Century by FIFA.com voters. Sounds "dirty" but that's Diego Maradona :p I know many people hate him over this "hand of god" thing despite many other claiming he's a legend but hey, we all have different opinions.  Some says he's a cheater but what about the referee that time? (just want to have a different view hehehe) Want to know more watch this video:






My question is can he bring Argentina to the top of football world with his "hand of god"? (in a good way of course :p ) Seeing the Argentina's squad this year they have a strong line up as a whole but I do doubt the defense line up and hoping their defense will do well. The have quiet a strong attacking line up with the world best player of the year, Lionel Messi leading the front line plus Carlos Tevez no doubt this can be a strong combination. At the center? well they have quiet a "young" line up there with player like Mascherano place at the midfield. Personally, they have a good line up but not a very balance in term of "strength", they may have two of the best strikers in front but I do think their midfield and defenders have to do extremely well to create the balance. And of course Maradona have to really work the best combination to bring up the best of his team.

So enough said, I think it will be too early to predict who will win the world cup this year as all team seems to have very competitive line up. Though I will look up to Argentina and England but surely I will watch (if I have time and chance) other matches too. This will only come once in four years so I will anticipate great matches from all teams and yes expect the less-productive period from all workforce during this coming World Cup :p
It's few days to the 2010 World Cup so put on your "game face" people :p 

p/s: Sadly I might not be able to watch all matches or might miss most of them :(


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails