Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saloi goes to cinema? How?

Saloi the movie, the first ever Dayak Iban movie will make its debut screening schedule at May 8 2010. The news of this movie has been spread since last few month and it seems that the movie is ready for its premier. Since I was a kid, the story of "apai Saloi" has been a popular folklore. If according to what I've heard ever since I "know" apai Saloi, his story is about a clumsy old man who always make mistake in almost everything he do. Most of the time he thinks he was smart but what he did never are and always make things worst. All that make his story so funny.

But as stated by some news and blog, this movie will not pictured the story of apai Saloi but his son (of course) Saloi. I dunno much about this Saloi but some says in this movie he tries to live his life in the city which make him encounter a lot of hardship and cultural shocks. That will make his journey full of funny things I guess and I hope it will.

What I'm hoping for is that this movie will be a great motivation and an inspiration for other movie makers to do many more movies depicting life of Sarawak's people. I still remember while I was still in high school Mr. Os has tried to promote Sarawak movie through few of his VCD movies done wholly in Sarawak starting with a movie called Os anak Tarzan done mostly in Iban language (he really did learned to speak Iban and Sarawak Malays and his accent add to the funny elements :p ) then some more movies done in Sarawak Malays language. But sadly all those movie he done is not screened in the cinema and produce only in VCD.

Anyway, we will just have to wait for that movie to be premiered and we'll see how's the movie goers' reaction and support will be. One thing that I hope for is that, people will come and see this movie and give any feedback so that Sarawak's initiatives to venture into the silver screen world will not be jeopardized and for sure all those feedback if accepted by movie makers as a challenge; will improve our local's movie quality. As for me, I won't expect this movies to be as high standards and won't compared it to the Malaysian movies or international as they say the cost is about RM200k and only took 15 days to wrap up. But I'd rather expecting this movie to be on its own standard with its own uniqueness and identity, the Sarawak identity, Sarawak's uniqueness and goes by the Sarawak style! If this movie is successful, surely we will see more of Sarawak's made movie on the screen in the future. So SUPPORT OUR LOCALS people :p

Here's the trailer of the movie:



More news on this movie HERE and HERE and HERE
Official website www.saloithemovie.com

4 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I do not know how far can we go. Especially when only Sarawakians enjoy the movie, due to language limitation by the West Malaysians.

Rodz Nocturne said...

@Willie I think it's should start with us Sarawakian first for the supports. About the language, I think they will have the subtitle on :p well yes maybe at 1st it will be a limitation but like other movie such as Chinese and Indian movies it might be able to be received nationwide when people start to like it.

Anija said...

Hope so i can watch dis movie with my love one. he's kinda supporting diz stuff. hehe. it wont hard 4 me 2 undrstnd coz 4 sure,he will translate.

Rodz Nocturne said...

Mrs. Scott,
Ooo ok Nice!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails