Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sarawak Bloggers Street Photography

Street photography is all about freezing the moments of all things in the streets and freezing action is guided by the randomness. Well, at least that's what I think hehehe. Last Sunday (August 29, 2010) 11 members of Sarawak Bloggers have gone out for an outing or a mini street photography meet up. The whole idea is to exposed the present members to street photography and sharing knowledge about it. The sharing was done by Robin, (thanks man!) a big street photography enthusiast. Personally, Robin is very good in this field and I'm glad that I meet him (if you don't believe me try visit his blog, you'll be amazed :p ). 

Anyway I learned a lot of things during that session and what Robin share has really make me want to do more street photographing. Honestly, that was the first time ever I done street photography, I mean pointing my lens at random peoples and things. Before, I'm not so into street photography as I was afraid of getting the people mad and disturbing people's privacy and everything else. How could it not, imagine you're walking or in the midst of browsing through the items for sell at the street and suddenly someone you didn't know pointing the camera at you trying to take your photo. What would you feel? Awkward? Irritated? worry? pissed off? This is one thing in photography world which is so challenging I must say.

Doing street photography will surely get you into some troubles, like being scolded by people who mad at you taking their photo out of the blue and people will give you the WTF kind of look. But on top of that all, it is fun because you shoot something that is really random. Ok enough for the ranting, I can go all the way far doing that hehehe, now here are the photos I took (not as good as others' I think).

















Sarawak Bloggers shutterbugs who turned up were Robin, Cyril, Fahriee, Angel, Yong Lim, Mike, Norman, Lance, Eve and Ivan. It's great hanging out with you all and nice knowing those whom I meet the first time, you guys rockzz :p




All in all it was a fun events, hope it will be organized again next time and hoping that many more Sarawak Bloggers member turn up, it will surely be more blast!! See ya...

p/s: More photos of this street photography session HERE



7 comments:

Eve! said...

Next street photography,you know what to do d.

Learn from my mistake.Do not offend any angry uncle! haha!

Rodz Nocturne said...

Eve!,
Yup, but I'm still not dare to do it alone :p afraid kena saman hehehe

Hehehe that's a lesson learned indeed, luckily you got two bodyguard beside you that time :p

Ah_Mike said...

so if they get the WTF look for photos...what about for videos? hmmm....

Robin Wong said...

Hey Rodz !!
So sorry I come to visit this late. You have got some really good photos going on here. For the first time on street shooting, I think you did very well. Keep up the good work buddy !!
Aiyo... me also quite new to this thing la, so we all learn and share from each other. Different people have different perspectives, hence we see different things. Keep your vision developed, and your photos will come out even more amazing than before.
Cheers !! Hope we can go shooting again in future. (*runs off to check Air Asia website)

Rodz Nocturne said...

Ah_Mike,
I think videos can also get the wtf look hehehe. Sometimes people can get very "allergic" to camera pointed at them especially by strangers :D

Robin,
Hehehe, thanks man. I'm always afraid to do street photography before and now I think I can do it (although still feel afraid). Thanks to you man, your sharing has really got me want to do this kind of photography again. Yeah, looking forward to go shooting with you again in the future, maybe second session of street photography at other part of the city? It will be interesting :)

Naomi said...

street photographer is a challenge. You look like you are in a rush from your photos. Personally I think cropping is useful to get subject you want. Too much detail can make a photo insignificant.

But I always take photo with many subject. Especially when moving around. :P

Rodz Nocturne said...

Nana,
Yeah, it is a challenging kind of photography and the worst part is when people are pissed off because we took their photo.

Yes for some of the shots I'm in rush and most of those shots were taken using "hip shot" technique, that is why they look leaning side ways :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails