Friendly Reminder

Just read my blog and don't ever leave any provocative and any sensitive unappropriate comments. Share whatever you like. If possible don't be anonymous when leaving comments as I love to know who my readers are, who knows you're one of my long lost friends :) anyway, anonymous comments will not be published for sure.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Malaysia Airlines MAS

This post should be out a couple of weeks ago but it stays in draft until now :p Anyway the title is very straight forward no? but what about MAS (Malaysia Airlines) that I want to write up here? Another complain and whining about their services? Nahhh.. lets give them some credit alright :p

It's been quiet a while that I didn't fly with MAS, I could only recalled that the last time when I'm in MAS's flight was in 2006 or 2007. That time a lot of changes have been made but after that I've never bothered by what improvement they've made until my last trip from Kuching to Johor few weeks ago. After more than 3 years I didn't fly with them I noticed a couple of improvements. Not that big but it does makes a different.

During that trip, the first thing I encounter was their check in system. While I was walking towards the check in counter, a polite lady approach me and said "Encik sila guna kiosk untuk Check in lebih cepat" I said errr.. where's the kiosk? The lady show me the kiosk and I told her that I have big bag that I need to put into the cargo (as I thought that kiosk is only for those who only bring hand carry item and no cargo luggage).

MAS Kiosk

She smile and said "Boleh juga check in guna kiosk ni lepas tu kita ada "bag drop" counter untuk beg yang masuk kargo, Encik tak payah berbaris panjang di kaunter". I told myself, this is cool. She showed me how use the kiosk and less than five minutes, I got my boarding pass! Cool right? (I don't know if I'm the last to know about this kiosk but as I said I've not been flying in MAS for quiet sometimes and forgive me for my "sakai-ness" :p ) Then I walked to the counter just to drop my bag for cargo and then I turned my sight to my right.... What did I saw??? in the next paragraph....

Click HERE for more info
I saw a long queue of people wanting for check in, then I turned my sight to my left to the kiosk, only a few people using it. So I wonder, are those people queuing were not aware of that kiosk or they think it's difficult to use it? Never mind them, for me that's a small improvement which have been advantage for fast check in but still need some additional improvement when people started to fully use it one day in which they need a lot more of that kiosk. Now that's quiet a long story of MAS kiosk hehehe.

Next thing I like about the flight is this:

Meals at 30k feet above sea level :p
Yummeh!! All I can say is, this is great!!! I'm rushing to the airport that morning and doesn't have times to eat breakfast and it's noon already, with this meal I'm grateful I don't have to be starving for 1 hours and 20 minutes flight. Plus it's FREE!! :p The last time I'm in MAS flight they only serve orange juice and a piece of cake or salted peanut and now they even give you Kit Kat!! (I don't know how long have they provide meals for domestic flight, again this is new to me so again forgive my "sakai-ness") Glad I don't have to spend RM20++ for a meal like this in a flight ;p The in-flight meals offered in two types, the fried rice with sweet and sour chicken (like the one I had above) and Tom Yam chicken with rice I think, can't really recalled it, bad memory hehehe.

One other thing that I notice is that their price is getting more competitive nowadays considering the conveniences they provide. But still it's your own choice and preference. We have to be smart no? 

So peeps if it's conveniences that you seek the most, MAS (Malaysia Airlines) might be the one to consider but if you want to sacrifice that and the lowest fare is your most concern... pat your chest and asked your preference (direct translation: Tepuk dada tanya selera :p ).




3 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hehehe...kalau ada duit saya mau pakai MAS juga...

Eve! said...

U memang sakai! *LOL*

Rodz Nocturne said...

Willie,
Sometimes MAS punya fare tidak jauh beza dari AA and they have a lot of promotional rates but itu bergantung kepada kemampuan dan preferences masing-masing la :)

Eve!,
LOL hahahaha lamak dah sik nait flight MAS bah, memang sakai jadinya ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails